Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Liliane

Some of you may already be familiar with Leanne Franson's work, but if not, you should check out her online comic version of Liliane, Bi-Dyke. I had only read about her work before, and I recently discovered the web-comic and read all the archived stories (I especially recommend the longer stories, Follicular Fraud, Le regard des autres, and Energy Saver). You can also order hard copies of the stories and she has a few books too. I thought Jennifer might be interested to see another artist who chronicles her everyday life. Her pets are great, though oddly the cats talk non-stop, while the dog remains realisticly silent (kinda like a Garfield thing). Check it out!

I've been really wanting to start a comic of my own lately, but I'm not sure what direction to go with it. I've been getting lots of inspiration from all the comics you fellow TADAers are making, so I hope to have something to share in the near future. Sadly, the idea-generater in the last post didn't do it for me... haha.

3 comments:

Missy said...

...though "A hairy tripod greets an insane through a tornado" is ripe with potential. An insane what?

Jennifer B. said...

Thanks for the link, Melissa, I really enjoy finding new webcomics to read. I've read a couple so far, they're pretty fun. I like how loosly they're drawn.

Missy said...

Yeah, I'm a fan of her drawing style, for sure. Very simplified drawings, but a real nice authority of line. She draws action really well too (she could probably do animation). I enjoy how honest her stories are too.

When I finish with finals in a week, I'm planning to finally take a kick at the can, comics-wise. I think I finally have a subject that I want to focus on... which will be food, or grocery-shopping in particular (but may also involve some cooking fiascos, and what not). I think having a very narrow topic like that might work to my advantage, and there are lots of little anecdotes that come to mind already, so it's worth trying out. So, we'll see...