Saturday, October 29, 2005

Makin' Art in the Big City

Hi everyone. I was finally able to join the blog and figured I post something new for your eager, hungry, anticipating eyes. I did this one in support of a fundraiser whos procedes will be used to help emerging artists (whaitaminute! Isn't that me?!? Just give ME the money!) . I have several new paintings in the works, and a few completed, but they're all Top Secret, in the vault, until the big exhibition opening...sometime? Hope everyone is well. Dave

4 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Hey Dave -- I've wondered, do you ever use models for your 'figure' drawings, or do you just wing it? Very nice job, of course.

Dave Sheppard said...

Hi Jen.
It's a mixed bag really. Most of my drawings and prints are drawn on the fly with maybe an anatomy book for reference. For my paintings though I try and use photo's. I feel it's the small details that help make the difference. It also makes the painting look more lifelike with the light and shadows, and less like a painted drawing or too comic-like.

Jennifer B. said...

Thanks a lot for the behind-the-scenes info :)

Jennifer B. said...

We should use more bird puns, by the way.